Last updated: August 10, 2021
1. Types of Information We Collect We may collect User Information from Users of the Developer Portal. “User Information” includes (i) personally identifiable information provided by, or collected about, a User through the Developer Portal that allows Elavon to identify the particular User, including information automatically collected about you when a User uses the Developer Portal; and (ii) any other personally identifiable information that may be provided by the User to Elavon when utilizing the Developer Portal. Examples of such personally identifiable information include (i) any information provided by a User during the registration process in order to gain access to the Developer Portal, such as User name, postal address, email address, telephone number; (ii) other information (e.g., nationality, credentials, bank account and other account numbers, access codes, etc.); (iii) any User personal contact information; or (iv) any data provided by a User to Elavon through the Developer Portal for purposes of developing, testing, or otherwise using in any way any application programming interface (“API”) available through the Developer Portal.
2. How We Collect Your Information We collect User Information when you provide this information directly to Elavon through the Developer Portal. In addition, some User Information may be collected about you by Elavon through technology, such as through the use of “cookies,” when you interact with the Developer Portal, as explained in Section 6, below.
3. How We Use Your Information User Information is used by Elavon only for the following limited purposes:
- To respond to requests or inquiries from you;
- To provide you with access to the Developer Portal;
- For billing and other administrative purposes necessary to manage and maintain your Developer Portal account;
- Consistent with local law, to verify your identity and/or location for security, fraud prevention and other risk control purposes;
- To provide choices and controls that may be available to you to personalize content and experiences on the Developer Portal;
- To communicate with you and to send you information, via direct mail or electronic mail, information about features and enhancements on or to the Developer Portal, as well as changes to this Policy and/or other similar administrative information;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To optimize or improve our products, services, operations, and the Developer Portal; and
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of Users of the Developer Portal.
4. How We Share Your Information We do not share User Information with any party, affiliated or otherwise, for any purpose, except as provided in this Policy and/or as permitted or required by law.
We may share your User Information with third parties for the purpose of providing you with the services and functionality available through the Developer Portal and/or analytics. Elavon requires all such third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of information provided to them by us, and to use such information only to provide the specific product or service or to perform the functions intended.
We may also share such information with third parties as follows:
- in response to subpoenas, or during the course of an audit or investigation, issued or initiated by courts, independent auditors, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental authorities, bodies or agencies;
- to our accountants, auditors, agents, and attorneys in connection with the enforcement, protection, or defense of our legal rights or property;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraud;
- to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization, or financing of parts of our business; and/or
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Elavon may share or disclose information about Users that is aggregated, anonymous or that otherwise does not identify any individual User to third parties.
5. Cross-Border Transfers. User Information may be transferred outside of the User’s country of residence for storage or processing, in accordance with Elavon’s standard business practices. As such, by submitting User Information, you accept that User Information may be stored or processed outside of your country of residence, that it may be subject to foreign laws, and it may be accessible to foreign governments, tribunals, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies.
6. Online Tracking and Advertising We and certain trusted service providers operating on our behalf collect information about User activity on the Developer Portal using tracking technologies, including:
Information collected through tracking technologies is used for many purposes including, for example, to:
provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to the Developer Portal;
deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location;
monitor and evaluate the use and operation of the Developer Portal; and
analyze traffic on the Developer Portal and on websites or mobile applications of third parties.
We may associate this tracking data with your registration information, in which case we will treat it as User Information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Occasionally, you may encounter banner advertisements for our products and services on third-party websites and mobile applications. We use third-party advertising service providers to distribute our advertisements on websites and mobile applications where we have paid to advertise. These advertisements may use tracking technologies to capture information such as IP address, browser type and usage information in order to track the effectiveness of our advertising efforts. Such tracking technologies do not capture personal information about you, and our advertising service providers are prohibited from using any information collected except to track advertising effectiveness.
In addition, we use advertising service providers such as Google, Yahoo and Bing to place advertisements for our accounts and services on websites not affiliated with us, and to help us determine which of our advertisements are most likely to be of interest to you using non-personal behavioral information. Advertisements placed by these service providers may use tracking technologies that allow monitoring of your responsiveness to such advertisements. We restrict access and collection of information by advertising service providers for purposes other than assisting us with our advertising efforts.
Do Not Track. There is no industry standard for how Do Not Track consumer browser settings should work on commercial websites. Due to the lack of such standards our websites do not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
7. Commercial Electronic Communications. You can also limit the commercial electronic communications that we send to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of commercial emails, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account, in accordance with anti-spam laws.
8. Withdrawal of Consent. Use of the Developer Portal constitutes your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your User Information as described within this Policy. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your User Information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Submit your withdrawal in writing to the address found in Section 13 below. Withdrawal of consent constitutes your agreement to cease use of the Developer Portal.
9. Data Security Your privacy is very important to Elavon, and we are committed to protecting your User Information from unauthorized access or use. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures that comply with applicable laws and industry standards, including network firewalls, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for online sessions, dedicated security teams, and secured files and buildings. The Internet, however, is inherently unsecure, and Elavon does not guarantee the security and confidentiality of information you provide through the Developer Portal.
10. Preventing User Information Theft In order to help us protect your User Information, it is important that you always keep your Developer Portal account information safe, including any name,access code, account number, or other credential information used to gain access to the Developer Portal. Users have the responsibility to help Elavon protect User Information by never revealing such information to unauthorized third parties.
Note that Elavon will never initiate a request via email or otherwise for your User Information. If you receive an email asking for such information, you should be suspicious of the request and promptly contact us at email#SEDevPortalSupport@elavon.com to report the suspicious activity.
11. Changes to the Policy From time to time, we may make changes to this Policy in order to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically to ensure that you understand how we collect, use, and share information through the Developer Portal. Any changes to the Policy will become effective when the revised Policy is posted on the Developer Portal. By continuing to use the Developer Portal following such changes, you are agreeing to accept the terms of the revised Policy.
13. Contact Us If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or our privacy practices generally, we encourage you to contact us as follows:
For Users in the United States of America:
- by emailing our customer service department at email#SEDevPortalSupport@elavon.com
For Users in Canada:
- through our website www.elavon.caopen_in_newLink opens new window
- by our toll-free number 1-844-577-4357
- by email emailCCDE@Elavon.com
- by mail at:
Elavon Canada Company
Attn: Privacy Officer
4576 Yonge Street, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M2N 6N4
If your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed by Elavon, please contact the Privacy Commissioner’s Office at https://www.priv.gc.caopen_in_newLink opens new window. The Privacy Commissioner will then act as a liaison with Elavon to resolve your concerns.
Privacy Commissioner’s Information Centre
- Toll-free: 1-800-282-1376
- Phone: 1-819-994-5444
- Fax: 1-819-994-5424
- TTY: 1-819-994-6591