Stand-In Response and Online Response Differences
The main differences between a Stand-In Response and an Online Response occur in the fields described below.
Field 3 (Account Data)
- Online Response - This field contains the Fusebox-returned token for the account number.
Field 4 (Expiration Date)
- Stand-in Response - This field will contain the encrypted
Expiration Date, if the card was keyed.
Field 6 (Authorization Code)
- Online Response - This field contains the approval code returned by Fusebox.
Field 1003 (Gateway Response Code)
- Stand-In Response - This field contains “0000”.
Field 1010 (Gateway Response Message)
- Stand-in Response - This field contains the text *SLR
Note: Field 1010: A value of *SLR STAND-IN. in this field does not mean that Simplify has performed stand-in; it indicates that Simplify did not receive a Host Response before timing out. The POS decides whether to perform stand-in (approve the transaction locally).
IMPORTANT: It is the responsibility of the POS to manage transactions received from Simplify.