Select a Function
As described under Accessing the Elavon Main Menu, the Select a Function screen (Fig. 9, same as Fig. 3) can be accessed when a Config rectangle appears in the lower right corner of the screen during boot up. This screen provides access the Elavon Main Menu functions described on preceding pages.
This screen also provides access to the following functions:
- Restart – This button can be used to restart the application (cold reboot).
- Clear Locator Values – This button can be used to clear locator values (Terminal ID, Location Name, Chain Code). This will force the PIN Pad to be re-registered the next time it attempts to process a transaction (see Elm Registration Process for details). After pressing this button, you will be asked for confirmation.
- Pressing No on this screen will re-display the Select a Function screen.
- Pressing Yes will delete the locator values. The message “Clearing Locator Values” will be displayed. When done, the Select a Function screen will be re-displayed.
- Resume – This button can be used to reboot the PIN Pad (warm reboot, same as power-cycling). After pressing this button, you will be asked for confirmation.