Simplify supports Ethernet as the network type. Etced under Network Setup. The use of this menu is controlled by the setting of 0-DHCP (see below for details).
Accessing Network Setup
Select Network Setup on the Elavon Main Menu to display the following menu.
Scroll down to display more items.
- DHCP - View/modify whether DHCP is enable/disabled. Set by Elavon prior to shipping Simplify, based on the customer’s network requirements. Controls how Network Setup parameters are defined:
- If set to 1: DHCP will be enabled (IP mode = DHCP). The values of other Network Setup parameters will be defined by the DHCP server and read-only under Network Setup.
- If set to 0: DHCP will be disabled (IP mode = Static). The values of other Network Setup parameters will be displayed under Network Setup and available for editing.
- IP - View IP Address (and modify if allowed). Must be unique value; cannot be shared with anything else on the network.
- NTM - View Netmask (and modify if allowed).
- Gateway - View Gateway (and modify if allowed).
- DNS1 - View primary DNS server address (and modify if allowed). If IP: is defined as a symbolic name, DNS1: must be defined.
- DNS2 - View secondary DNS server address (and modify if allowed). Backup for DNS1