Improve performance with actionable data
Create key performance indicators (KPIs) that can pinpoint a location outside of the overall performance norms and give you the ability to drill down into your data to show details.
Smarter Marketing - Build or refine customer buying profiles for targeted marketing campaigns.
Decrease Cost - Get in front of problem locations to avoid month-end surprises.
Save Time - Integrate to your accounting system for a completely automated reconciliation process.
Key categories for granular analysis
Connect 3 levels of data to add perspective and more granular analysis:
- Funds - Uses payment details that reconcile to your direct demand accounts.
- Batch - Item-level detail for each batch lets you quickly see additional events that post to your account.
- Transaction - Transparency into card, interchange and other custom details on each transaction.
View data through the ABCD lens
Each transaction contains batch-level data, and the batch type is found within these fields. The batch type lets you know what transaction-level data is available, and will be one of four types of records: Adjustments, Billing, Chargebacks, Deposits.
- Helpful in prioritizing follow up research and exception processing tasks.
- Compare transaction trends across locations by pairing "STORE_NUMBER" with the "CHARGE_TYPE_DESCRIPTION" to see if a single location is incurring more risk of chargeback.
- Use "CHARGE_TYPE" to gain insight into your payment mix.
- Use the transaction reference number field ("TRN_REF_NUM") to refer back to unfunded transactions.
- Quickly close your periodic financial reports on Day One following your business cycle close.
- Utilize metrics, like Cost Effective Rate, by location to understand location performance in conjunction with your closing process.
- Monitor for any spikes that may show increased downgrades, etc.
- Calculate fees you're paying by referencing the transaction amount ("AMOUNT") for different charge type descriptions ("CHARGE_TYPE_DESCRIPTION").
- Isolate a specific location using "STORE_NUMBER" to research a specific chargeback or observe trends that may indicate increased risk of fraud.
- Determine the reason behind chargebacks to monitor for potential cases of fraud and determine your deadline using "CHARGEBACK_CONTROL_NO," "CHGBK_RSN_CODE," AND "CHGBK_RSN_DESC."
- Trace a transaction from the point of sale through the chargeback process using the transaction reference number ("TRN_REF_NUM").
- Easily reconcile locations' sales and refunds to bank deposits and withdrawal activity.
- Gain visibility into funding details as soon as the transaction is funded.
The “Nonfund” file includes information on unfunded transactions giving you a holistic view of your payment data. It helps validate transactions sent to American Express® and/or Discover® in a separate unfunded transaction file.