April and May 2021 Release Notes
April updates are effective beginning April 11, 2021, and May updates go into effect on May 4, 2021.
Global Experience Updates
Elavon’s background processes now handle higher volumes of documents more quickly and accurately, so you can work more efficiently.
The size and alignment of electronic signatures are now consistent across all PDF documents with signatures.
BOARDING_STATUS push notifications are now available to Partners. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for BOARDING_STATUS push notifications.
- Multiple Applications (April Release)
The checkbox used to sign multiple applications within a group is now displayed only when there is more than one application in the group.
- Multiple Applications (April Release)
- Contact Us
The Contact Us details now direct you to the correct salesperson.
- Merchant Category Code (MCC) New Merchant Category Codes (MCC) have been added:
- 5552 - Electric Vehicle Charging
- 5815 - Digital Goods: Media
- 5816 - Digital Goods: Games
- 5817 - Digital Goods: Applications
North America (NA) Updates
New products have been added to Global API (GBAPI) lookup tables:
- Item Code A920U - PAX A920 Class A US
- Item Code A920C - PAX 1920 Class A CAN
- Item Code A92UT - Talech PAX US
- Item Code 920BS - PAX A920 Base
Uploaded File Validation
The validation of uploaded file sizes is improved to warn of oversized files more quickly.
- You can upload up to 5 files at a time.
- Individual files must be no larger than 15 MB each.
Push Notifications now include the
chainIdwhen a new chain is requested.
Email email@example.com to register for the following push notifications:
Stateless Flow Push Notifications
Partners implementing a Stateless flow can now register to receive push notifications when a boarding application status is updated. Notifications include Terminal IDs (TIDs) and Converge Credentials when applicable.
VAR validation removal
VAR validation is removed from GBAPI. You can add new certified VARs as easily as updating the SAT catalog.
Restocking Fee removal
The Restocking Fee clause for cancelling rental equipment has been removed from the Merchant Agreement PDF.
Migration from Akana These services have been migrated from Akana:
- Everything in front of GBAPI, including Partner API (PAPI) to and from GBAPI
- One and Done
- Retrieval Service
Completing this migration has resulted in significant improvements to speed, performance, and reliability of messaging between systems, webpage experience, document processing, and application status.
You can now add an eCommerce pricing tier to the Clear & Simple Built Around You (“C&SE 260&10 (BAY)”) Monetary Pricing Program (29300). The eCommerce tier consists of an eCommerce % Fee and a Per Transaction Fee.
Equipment Ownership Type
Rental, installment, own (exchange), and own (existing) options have expanded for certain equipment and peripheral devices.
We have fixed an issue that occurred when configuring for a manual or automated Converge setup.
Required Update Removal of AML Beneficial Owner Exemption
From April 11, 2021 the
ownerExemptionTypekey must be removed from all Canadian integrations; AML Beneficial Owner Exemption will NOT be supported after this date.
Any applications that contain this key after April 11, 2021 will experience an error.
The maximum amount allowed for American Express (AMEX) Monthly Card Sales has increased to CAD 83,333.
Interac Chip and PIN Per Auth now default to zero.
Mexico Regional Updates
DistributedProductCodehas been added:
DistributedVendorCodeMITIYT - Key 2524 - Centro de Pagos Light
FeeTypeCodevalues have been added:
MonthlyVirtualStore- Key VSM
AnnualVirtualStore- Key VSA
Europe (EU) Updates
Legal Updates PSD2 Article 59 Compliance
All notes available in the Fees area of our PDF Agreement are fully PSD2 Article 59 compliant for:
Revised Terms of Service (TOS) Terms of Service now include content for:
- Hybrid Pricing
- Secure Pro charges
Equipment Poynt with Talech (April Release)
Global API (GBAPI) and Partner API (PAPI) now accept a TALECH service code. This allows Poynt terminals to come preloaded with Talech Software.
Pricing Simplified Pricing Program (April Release)
GBAPI and PAPI now support a new Simplified Merchant Service Charge (SMSC):
- NPP Code 11111 - SIMPLIFIED MSC-TIERED
- Tier Code V0 - Visa Debit, V-Pay Consumer
- Tier Code V1 - Mastercard Debit, Maestro Consumer
- Tier Code V2 - Visa Credit Consumer
- Tier Code V3 - Mastercard Credit Consumer
- Tier Code V4 - Visa Commercial
- Tier Code V5 - Mastercard, Maestro Commercial
- Tier Code V6 - Non-EEA Visa
- Tier Code V7 - Non-EAA Mastercard, Maestro
- Tier Code V8 - American Express (AMEX)
- Tier Code V9 - DCI/Discover, Union Pay, JCB
Managed Flow (Poland)
The application review page now displays the correct Opt In and Opt Out options.
New fees have been added to the GBAPI lookup table:
- HIMMS Fee ID 20602 - Fee Code GV8 - GOV VENDING CONTRACT FEE
- HIMMS Fee ID 20603 - Fee Code GV9 - GOV VENDING EQUIPMENT
We have fixed an issue experienced by partners when using these item codes:
- ICT 250
- ICT 250+PP
- Tetra Desk 5000
- Tetra Desk 5000+PP
The following ConnectionTypeCodes no longer cause an exception:
- Element key = PW
- Description = PWPW