Settle - settle
This section describes the message parameters for End of Day Settle transaction processing, which you can submit using the XML API integration method. Refer to the Integration Methods section for more information.
settle transaction initiates a manual settlement on a single, multiple or batch of transactions.
- Open batches must be reviewed prior to settlement for accuracy. You may opt to set the terminal for auto-settlement or submit a manual settlement from the integrated application. Elavon highly recommends that batches be closed out on a daily basis.
- Manual settlement is not allowed for terminals that are setup for Multi-Currency.
- Settings are available within the Admin feature of the Virtual Terminal that can block transactions from being added to a current Open batch if these do not meet certain qualifications. Elavon recommends that merchants review these settings prior to accepting transactions.
In this section:
- Users must have the Batches-Settle Transactions user right in order to settle transactions.
- Settling a single Gift Card or Cash transaction is not supported, the Gift or Cash batch must be settled entirely.
- Only Open transactions can be settled. Transactions set to Pend or Review must be set to Unpend or Release prior to settlement.
15 | numeric | required
Elavon-assigned Converge account ID.
15 | alphanumeric | required
Converge User ID
The user ID with Hosted Payment API User status that can send transaction requests through the terminal.
64 | alphanumeric | required
Unique identifier of the terminal that will process the transaction request and submit to the Converge gateway.
20 | alphanumeric | required
46 | alphanumeric | conditional
Unique identifier of the original transaction.
Funds will be moved from the customer's account to the merchant account once the batch is successfully settled.
Transaction Result Message
Refer to the Transaction Settlement Response Codes section for an extensive list of possible returned messages.
Unique identifier returned on the original transaction. This is to settle an individual transaction sent in the request.
Processing Date and Time
Indicates when Converge processed the transaction.
Format: MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss AM/PM
Example: 03/18/2010 10:34:10 AM
Total Transaction Count in Main Batch
Total Transaction Amount in Main Batch
Total Cash Count in Cash Batch
Total Cash Amount in Cash Batch
Total Loyalty Card Count in Loyalty Batch
Total Loyalty Card Amount in Loyalty Batch
Total Gift Card Count in Gift Batch
Total Gift Card Amount in Gift Batch
Returned only if an error occurs. Refer to the Error Codes section for more information.
Typically, when the transaction failed validation or the request is incorrect. This will prevent the transaction from going to authorization. This is a numeric field.
Detailed explanation of the error. This field may be changed based on merchant configuration in the user interface.
Error name or reason for the error.
- In these examples, you will have to change the data values, such as
my_pin, and transaction data to match your Converge account and meet the needs of your website.
- Code samples provided are for demonstration only and should not be used for live transactions. All sensitive merchant data, including transaction amounts and your Converge credentials, should be placed in server side code.
<txn> <ssl_merchant_id>my_merchant_id</ssl_merchant_id> <ssl_user_id>my_user_id</ssl_user_id> <ssl_pin>my_pin</ssl_pin> <ssl_test_mode>false</ssl_test_mode> <ssl_transaction_type>settle</ssl_transaction_type> </txn>
<txn> <ssl_result>0</ssl_result> <ssl_result_message>Scheduled for Settlement</ssl_result_message> <ssl_txn_id/> <ssl_txn_main_count>10</ssl_txn_main_count> <ssl_txn_main_amount>220.00</ssl_txn_main_amount> <ssl_txn_ecg_count>2</ssl_txn_ecg_count> <ssl_txn_ecg_amount>50.00</ssl_txn_ecg_amount> </txn>
Single Transaction Settlement
<txn> <ssl_merchant_id>my_merchant_id</ssl_merchant_id> <ssl_user_id>my_user_id</ssl_user_id> <ssl_pin>my_pin</ssl_pin> <ssl_test_mode>false</ssl_test_mode> <ssl_transaction_type>settle</ssl_transaction_type> <ssl_txn_id>AA48439-65E7D601-5E31-4809-882A-2028CBC3A979</ssl_txn_id> </txn>
<txn> <ssl_result>0</ssl_result> <ssl_result_message>Scheduled for Settlement</ssl_result_message> <ssl_txn_id>AA48439-65E7D601-5E31-4809-882A-2028CBC3A979</ssl_txn_id> <ssl_txn_main_count>1</ssl_txn_main_count> <ssl_txn_main_amount>16.00</ssl_txn_main_amount> <ssl_txn_ecg_count>0</ssl_txn_ecg_count> <ssl_txn_ecg_amount/> </txn>