EMV 3D Secure Overview
EMV® Three-Domain Secure (3DS) is a messaging protocol developed by EMVCo. It allows consumers to authenticate themselves with their card issuer when making card-not-present (CNP) e-commerce purchases.
The 3DS domains are the:
- Merchant and acquirer domain
- Issuer domain
- Interoperability domain. For example, payment systems.
Elavon’s 3D Secure 2 Solution
Our solution uses the 3D Secure 2 check to:
- Protect merchants from exposure to fraud and prevent unauthorized transactions.
- Shift liability for chargebacks for fraudulent transactions from merchants onto the card issuer.
- Help merchants (in UK) wanting PSD2 compliant Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) management and exception handling.
Get Started with 3D Secure 2
To get authentication credentials that you would need to test the different integration options in the sandbox environment, fill in the information requested in this form.
3D Secure 2 test credentials request formopen_in_newLink opens new window
If you would like more information to get started with us, or if you are new and need help with certification, please email email@example.com.
If you have an existing account and need help, please contact us at 1-800-377-3962, or send an email to email#SEDevPortalSupport@elavon.com.
If you are integrating to EMV 3-D Secure and need help, please contact your Integration Analyst.