EMV 3D Secure Overview
EMV® Three-Domain Secure (3DS) is a messaging protocol developed by EMVCo. It allows consumers to authenticate themselves with their card issuer when making card-not-present (CNP) e-commerce purchases.
The 3DS domains are the:
- Merchant and acquirer domain
- Issuer domain
- Interoperability domain. For example, payment systems.
Elavon’s 3D Secure 2 Solution
Our solution uses the 3D Secure 2 check to:
- Protect merchants from exposure to fraud and prevent unauthorized transactions.
- Shift liability for chargebacks for fraudulent transactions from merchants onto the card issuer.
- Help merchants (in UK) wanting PSD2 compliant Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) management and exception handling.
Get Started with 3D Secure 2
About 3D Secure 2
Learn basics of 3D Secure 2 and its different authentication workflows: frictionless, challenge, and 3RI. Also, review the high-level integration steps for developers.
3DS Server Integration
Integrate directly with the 3DS Server and exercise control over the 3D Secure transaction authentication flow, or use the Web SDK to handle the 3D Secure check on your behalf.
Server integration steps
Learn more about the new features, updates, and bug fixes in each release.
To get authentication credentials that you would need to test the different integration options in the sandbox environment, fill in the information requested in this form.
3D Secure 2 test credentials request formopen_in_newLink opens new window
If you would like more information to get started with us, or if you are new and need help with certification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an existing account and need help, please contact us at 1-800-377-3962, or send an email to email#SEDevPortalSupport@elavon.com.
If you are integrating to EMV 3-D Secure and need help, please contact your Integration Analyst.