The flow in the above graphic can also be represented as follows:
Simplify Pay@Table Process (pre-pay)
- Send Login Request and receives response.
- Obtain table and/or check number from server (depends on configuration).
- Send Get Check Information Request and receive response. (Omitted if Login Response contains check data.)
- If > 1 check in Get Check Information Response, obtain check number from server.
- Get Tip amount.
- Confirm transaction amount.
- Send Make Payment Request.
Simplify Payment Process
- Receive financial request.
- Obtain customer account data.
- Build and send host request, receive host response.
- Build and send financial response.
- Note: If host timeout or POS does not receive financial response, POS must perform timeout processing. See POS SAF Processing for details.
Simplify Pay@Table Process (post-pay)
- Receive Print Receipts Request.
- Print Receipts.
- Send Print Receipts Response.
- If Auto-logout enabled or server done, send Logout/Disconnect Request.
- Else, return to obtain table and/or check number and repeat flow from that point. (If number of checks in Get Check Information Response is 0, send Logout/Disconnect Request.)