Simplify supports Ethernet as the network type. Etced under Network Setup. The use of this menu is controlled by the setting of 0-DHCP (see below for details).
Accessing Network Setup
Select Network Setup on the Elavon Main Menu to display the following menu.
Scroll down to display more items.
All addresses must be entered with leading zeroes. E.g. enter 172.022.252.206 for 172.22.252.206.
- DHCP - View/modify whether DHCP is enable/disabled. Set by Elavon prior to shipping Simplify, based on the customer’s network requirements. Controls how Network Setup parameters are defined:
- If set to 1: DHCP will be enabled (IP mode = DHCP). The values of other Network Setup parameters will be defined by the DHCP server and read-only under Network Setup.
- If set to 0: DHCP will be disabled (IP mode = Static). The values of other Network Setup parameters will be displayed under Network Setup and available for editing.
- IP - View IP Address (and modify if allowed). Must be unique value; cannot be shared with anything else on the network.
- NTM - View Netmask (and modify if allowed).
- Gateway - View Gateway (and modify if allowed).
- DNS1 - View primary DNS server address (and modify if allowed). If IP: is defined as a symbolic name, DNS1: must be defined.
- DNS2 - View secondary DNS server address (and modify if allowed). Backup for DNS1