Accessing the Elavon Main Menu
To access the Elavon Main Menu:
Start the PIN Pad application and wait until a rectangle appears in the lower right corner of the screen.
Note: See the end of this page for re-starting the Self 4000.
Once this rectangle appears, press the Enter (green) key to display the Elavon Sub Menu. The Elavon Sub Menu can be accessed whenever this rectangle is displayed during the boot up sequence. This menu provides access to HEM/IngEstate (see under Terminal Maintenance) and the Elavon Main Menu.
On some systems, a Calibrate Screen entry will appear. This entry can be used if the touchscreen is unresponsive. For systems that support Point to Point Protocol (PPP) communications, the Elavon Sub Menu will contain an entry, Disable PPP Session (see below). This selection will temporarily disable PPP functionality, which will allow PIN Pad maintenance to be performed through an IP connection.PPP functionality will be restored following the next reboot.
Note: The above screenshot was taken on an iPP320.
Select Elavon Main Menu to display the login screen for this menu.
Use the login screen to type in the Elavon password. The Elavon Main Menu will display.
Note: Contact your Elavon representative for the password.
To display a Setup screen, select the item from the Elavon Main Menu. When done with this menu, Restart (or a red X button) can be used to restart the PIN Pad.
Additional items may be available at the end of this menu:
- Telium Manager displays the initial screen for Ingenico’s Telium Manager. For more information, refer to Ingenico documentation.
- Renew Voltage Key rotates the Voltage encryption key. This function should only be used when instructed to do so by the Elavon Help desk.
- Wireless is present on Wireless-capable PIN Pads. This selection provides access to Wifi Setup, Bluetooth Setup and (if supported) GPRS Setup.
- Initiate HEM/IngEstate manually initiates the HEM/IngEstate update process. For more information on this process, see under Terminal Maintenance.
- Communications Setup can be used to select the method used for Simplify-POS, Simplify-host, and Simplify-HEM communications. Also allows Wifi and/or Bluetooth to be disabled.
- SAF Menu is present on systems supporting On-Device SAF. This menu can be used to run reports on transactions in the SAF database and also allows the database to be exported to a file, updated from a file, or deleted.
Rebooting the Self 4000
A Utility Menu on the Self 4000 allows the user to reboot, initiate HEM/IngEstate and start or erase debug file(s). This menu can be accessed by pressing the yellow key at the “0” information screen and entering a password on the login screen. (Utility Menu login requires a separate password. Please contact your Elavon representative for this password.)
Select 0 from the Utility Menu to reboot the device.