Payments Core 365 Overview
Payments Core 365TM is a data file that contains your funded transaction information. The file is delivered daily in the same format, enabling you to customize your analytics, charts, and tables. Once you have the Payments Core 365 file, you’ll have everything you need to reconcile your internal numbers and direct demand accounts.
Payments Core 365 connects fund, batch, and transaction-level data in a single file, allowing you to:
Determine if all transactions were paid and research those that were not.
Reconcile accounts in a way that can be automated.
Gain visibility into your payment processing mix to optimize processing costs.
Track the acceptance cost to the business.
Get granular with chargebacks to determine win/lose ratio and isolate risky locations.
We use a secure FTP to transfer your file through Elavon’s SFTP server. Files can be sent in .txt or .csv format.
Example use cases
Improve performance with actionable data
Create key performance indicators (KPIs) that can pinpoint a location outside of the overall performance norms and give you the ability to drill down into your data to show details.
- Smarter Marketing - Build or refine customer buying profiles for targeted marketing campaigns.
- Decrease Cost - Get in front of problem locations to avoid month-end surprises.
- Save Time - Integrate to your accounting system for a completely automated reconciliation process.
Key categories for granular analysis
Connect 3 levels of data to add perspective and more granular analysis:
- Funds - Uses payment details that reconcile to your direct demand accounts.
- Batch - Item-level detail for each batch lets you quickly see additional events that post to your account.
- Transaction - Transparency into card, interchange and other custom details on each transaction.
- Helpful in prioritizing follow-up research and exception processing tasks.
- Compare transaction trends across locations by pairing “STORE_NUMBER” with the “CHARGE_TYPE_DESCRIPTION” to see if a single location is incurring more risk of chargeback.
- Use “CHARGE_TYPE” to gain insight into your payment mix.
- Use the transaction reference number field (“TRN_REF_NUM”) to refer back to unfunded transactions.
- Quickly close your periodic financial reports on day one following your business cycle close.
- Utilize metrics, like Cost Effective Rate, by location to understand location performance in conjunction with your closing process.
- Monitor for any spikes that may show increased downgrades, etc.
- Calculate fees you’re paying by referencing the transaction amount (“AMOUNT”) for different charge type descriptions (“CHARGE_TYPE_DESCRIPTION”).
- Isolate a specific location using “STORE_NUMBER” to research a specific chargeback or observe trends that may indicate increased risk of fraud.
- Determine the reason behind chargebacks to monitor for potential cases of fraud and determine your deadline using “CHARGEBACK_CONTROL_NO,” “CHGBK_RSN_CODE,” AND “CHGBK_RSN_DESC.”
- Trace a transaction from the point of sale through the chargeback process using the transaction reference number (“TRN_REF_NUM”).
- Easily reconcile locations’ sales and refunds to bank deposits and withdrawal activity.
- Gain visibility into funding details as soon as the transaction is funded.
The “Nonfund” file includes information on unfunded transactions giving you a holistic view of your payment data. It helps validate transactions sent to American Express® and/or Discover® in a separate unfunded transaction file.