Commerce SDK® accelerates your business’ ability to implement a secure EMV-compliant payment solution by combining Elavon’s global payment processing, EMV certification, and hardware support.
Commerce SDK allows your mobile-based and/or desktop-based Point-of-Sale (POS) solution to communicate with payment terminals and printers, as well as process payments through Elavon’s Converge payment gateway.
- iOS 9.x will no longer be supported starting with version 4.3.
- Windows 7 will no longer be supported starting with the 2020 release due to the end of extended support.
In this topic:
Integrating to Commerce SDK
The basic process to integrate your payment solution with Commerce SDK is as follows:
Contact Elavon Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Elavon will assist you with the completion of the license agreement and with the request for a Solution Engineer.
Select an Integration Method.
At this step, you as the integrator will determine the appropriate integration method to implement for the merchant’s payment solution:
Receive the Software Developer Kit (SDK) from your Solution Engineer.
Test the Commerce SDK integrated page.
- Use the Demo endpoints.
- Only use Elavon-approved card numbers. Refer to the Test Cards section for more information.
- Replace the Demo endpoints with the Production endpoints when you finish the testing.
- The CWS application or service must be run as an administrator on the local machine to which the pinpad is connected.
Complete the Certification.
This list summarizes the payment transactions that you can integrate into your application through Commerce SDK:
- Sale - Obtains real-time authorization for an EMV, magnetic stripe, contactless or manual card entry transaction and enters the transaction into the Unsettled batch.
- Pre-Auth - Obtains real-time authorization for an EMV, magnetic stripe or contactless transaction, guarantees the availability of fund on the card, and reduces the cardholder’s limit to buy for a pre-determined period (7 to 10 days depending on issuing bank). This transaction does not place the authorization in the Settlement batch.
- Pre-Auth Increment - Increments the auth amount of a previous pre-authorization.
- Pre-Auth Complete - Converts a previously approved pre-authorization to a Sale transaction and places the transaction into the Open batch for settlement.
- Auth Only Reversal - Deletes and attempts a reversal on a previous pre-authorization transaction.
- Void - Removes a Sale, Stand Alone Refund or Force Sale transaction from the Open batch.
- Linked Refund - Issues a partial or full refund to the cardholder’s credit card or debit card.
- Stand Alone Refund - Issues a return to the cardholder’s credit card using the full credit card number.
- Debit Balance Inquiry - Checks the available balance of a debit card’s underlying funding account.
- Cash Advance - Obtains a real-time cash purchase using a credit card. Only available to financial institutions such as banks.
- Post Auth Tip Adjust - Updates the tip (gratuity) of a credit card transaction after the transaction is authorized.
- Continue Transaction - Continues transaction processing once Commerce SDK receives needed information.
- Cancel Transaction - Cancels a transaction prior to authorization.
- Transaction Lookup - Searches for previous Sale, Pre-Auth, Refund or Void transactions.
This table summarizes the processing options that can be added to transactions.
|Processing Option||Applies To||Description|
|Address Verification Service||Sale|
|Verifies the cardholder’s address data with the issuing bank to minimize fraudulent transactions.|
|Force Sale||Sale||Processes a transaction using the voice authorization number provided by the creditor.|
|Adds a gratuity or tip amount to the transaction amount.|
|Manual Card Entry||Sale|
|Allows the terminal to encrypt the card data for manually entered card number and expiration date.|
|Merchant Transaction Reference||Sale||Associates a reference ID with a transaction.|
|Partially authorizes a transaction when the funds on the payment card cannot cover the entire transaction amount.|
|Pay with Token||Sale|
|Processes a transaction using a token instead of card data.|
|Request the tokenization of the card number as part of the transaction.|
|Invoice Number||Sale||Adds an invoice number to the transaction to track related transactions.|
|Allows signature capture to be enabled or disabled for credit card transactions.|
|Allows healthcare terminals to specify healthcare-related amounts when processing HSA cards.|
Phone: 1-800-377-3962 | Option 2 | Option 2